Il Circolo Italiano awards scholarships to deserving undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in the second semester or quarter of his/her sophomore year and accepted in an established study program in Italy in conjunction with an American college or university.
Criteria for Awarding College Scholarships
- Must be enrolled in second semester or quarter of sophomore year
- Have a workable knowledge of the Italian language
- Complete the "Financial Information" on the application form
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must attend a college or university in Colorado
- Have a letter of acceptance from the study program in Italy
- Applications and supporting materials should be sent to the Scholarship Chairman:
Ms. Ida Casagranda
3150 W. 39th Avenue
Denver, CO 80211
Awards amounts are granted at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee. A minimum of $1,000/person will be awarded in 2012.
The closing date for applications is April 4, 2014. All applications must include the following:
- Official college transcripts
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 grade-point average (on a 4.0 grading scale)
- Recommendation, in writing, from two professors in your field of study for the current academic year
- An attached personal statement
- Download the application here
Awarding of Scholarships
- Recipients will be notified by April 18, 2014.
- Scholarships will be awarded on May 18, 2014, at the annual meeting of il Circolo Italiano di Denver. Winners must attend the ceremony.
- The scholarship is awarded for use during the 2014/2015 Academic Year.